Matthew Lickona 7 a.m., April 24
Ah, the French...
...who can explain them? I mean, they give us The Rules of the Game...
...and then they fall all over themselves for Jerry Lewis.
They give the Palme D'Or to a solemn work of religious exploration like The Tree of Life...
...and then they give us The Smurfs.
Special viewing bonus: Upright Citizens Brigade's riff on the above commercial:
*Anyone who points out that the Smurfs actually hail from Belgium will be forced to watch every Ustinov/Poirot movie back-to-back:
More like this:
- Top Ten "Turkey" Films to Help Combat the Effects of Drowsiness Brought on by the Tryptophan — Nov. 23, 2011
- The Dangers of Hanging Around White People, Illustrated (Yet Again) — Aug. 2, 2011
- Review: The Smurfs — Aug. 1, 2011
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for Footloose II — June 24, 2011
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for Zookeeper, Part 3 — June 22, 2011