Ed Bedford noon, March 27
Ah, the French...
...who can explain them? I mean, they give us The Rules of the Game...
...and then they fall all over themselves for Jerry Lewis.
They give the Palme D'Or to a solemn work of religious exploration like The Tree of Life...
...and then they give us The Smurfs.
Special viewing bonus: Upright Citizens Brigade's riff on the above commercial:
*Anyone who points out that the Smurfs actually hail from Belgium will be forced to watch every Ustinov/Poirot movie back-to-back:
More like this:
- They give us those nice bright colors! — Dec. 20, 2012
- Tough Guys vs. Stand-Up Guys: compare and contrast. — Sept. 13, 2012
- The Continuing and Ever-Expanding Wonder of YouTube — Jan. 11, 2012
- Review: The Smurfs — Aug. 1, 2011
- Will Reese Witherspoon Succumb to the Generation-Award Curse? — June 6, 2011