Garrett Harris 4 p.m., Dec. 5
Small Screen: Has George Lucas Taught Us Nothing?
So AMC Networks (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, other stuff) went public just now, and sadly, shares are trading a little lower than expected. (Guess maybe they should have made nicer with Mr. Weiner?) In response, AMC CEO Josh Sapan emphasized that the newly independent AMC "has the opportunity to further showcase each of its programming services and provide value to investors, distributors, and advertisers."
Case in point:
But seriously, this is just a start. How is it that Brooks Brothers doesn't have a Don Draper suit?
Okay, this should teach me to Google before I type:
And of course, the glasses...
But I won't really be convinced that AMC is committed to offering its shareholders value until they're selling Ol' Archie Whitman's Whiskey Jug...
...side by side with Don Draper brand single malt. They can call it the Generations Collection.
If anybody needs me, I'll be in back, working on my proposal for the Tiffany "Green Lantern" engagement ring.
More like this:
- More "Meet the New Hollywood, Same as the Old Hollywood" — Jan. 19, 2012
- Scenes from Comic-Con: Parting Shot — July 27, 2011
- REVEALED! Alice in Wonderland Producer Joe Roth's Master Plan for Disney Heroines! — July 26, 2011
- Cinepolis: the Bar & Menu — July 21, 2011
- Catholic Geekery at Pixar — May 13, 2011