Kimberly Blough 6:28 p.m., March 9
Emperor Bobigula appoints his horse as new communications director
In wake of Irene McCormack's resignation, Mayor-turned-Emperor appoints someone he can trust to deliver his messages to the masses.
A Sunroad for the Sun God - when you think about it, it's only fitting.
First statement from Communications Director Incitatus: "As the Sunroad scandal threatens to distract the people from the glory of Emperor Bobigula's, His Divine Lordship has wisely decided to fill the gap left by the traitorous McCormack with me, his noble war horse. Let me assure you that any appearance of wrongdoing in Bobigula's acceptance of $100,000 from a developer seeking favors from the god is entirely the result of human trickery. Bobigula is pure, as he must be. And when he uncovers the source of this deception - as surely he must - his wrath will be mighty indeed. In the meantime, he sends his blessings upon you, his faithful subjects and worshipers."
More like this:
- Allred and Filner lawyers agree to 30-day delay — Jan. 27, 2014
- Former Filner staffer asks for $1.48 million in damages — Nov. 22, 2013
- Feel the Beat — Oct. 24, 2013
- A closer look at Filner's accusers — July 28, 2013
- Gloria Allred: "Bob Filner sexually harassed me." — July 26, 2013