Jeff Smith 6 p.m., Feb. 27
In wake of Hooters ban on Filner, Tilted Kilt extends invitation to embattled Mayor
"Past mistakes? We don't give a hoot!"
"The Mayor said he's committed to changing," said The Tilted Kilt Brand Manager Minnie Scertt in a press release. "He apologized. He took a leave of absence and received counseling. He has promised to do better in the future, and he has taken steps to ensure that he will do just that. Frankly, I think that's all we can ask of a man. And yet, some vindictive segments of the food-and-cleavage industry have decided to play judge, jury, and executioner and ban the man outright. Well, we here at The Tilted Kilt like to think we're just a little bit more enlightened and fun-loving than the Puritanical party poopers over at Hooters."
"With that in mind," continued Scertt, "we'd like to extend an open invitation to the Mayor to eat and drink in any one of our San Diego area locations. What's more, we'd like to give him a chance to prove himself. If he can make it through 90 minutes without groping any of our extremely attractive waitresses, then we'll pick up the tab. And we just might bend over the table to do it."
More like this:
- Hooters workers’ case rages in San Diego court; media mum — Aug. 15, 2013
- In wake of banning Mayor Filner, Hooters restaurant renames itself "Breasts" — Aug. 14, 2013
- In wake of scandal, Mayor Filner to propose new Weak Mayor guidelines — July 12, 2013
- Mayoral Candidate Invites President Obama to "Bud Summit" in Vancouver — Oct. 7, 2011
- Ruthless Sandwich — June 18, 2008