Daniel Powell 5:03 p.m., Jan. 15
“A Fourefould Meditation on the Foure Last Things”
- Lo! here the look which Angels do admire!
- Lo! here the spring from whom all goodness flows!
- Lo! here the sight that men and saints desire!
- Lo! here the stalks on which our comfort grows!
- Lo this is she whom Heaven and earth embrace,
- Whom God did choose and filled full of grace.
- And next to her, but in a higher throne,
- Our Saviour in his manhood sitteth here:
- From whom proceeds all perfect joy alone,
- And in whose face all glory doth appear:
- The saints’ delight conceived cannot be,
- When they a man the Lord of angels see!
- They ravished are with joy in seeing this,
- How Christ our Lord the highest place obtains:
- They now behold the seat of endless bliss,
- And joy to mark how he in triump[h] reigns
- What joy to men moreover can befall
- Than here to see a man the Lord of all?
More from SDReader
- A Nocturnal upon St. Lucy’s Day — Dec. 14, 2016
- Breastplate — March 16, 2016
- From translation of Veni Creator Spiritus (Come Creator Spirit) — March 9, 2016
- Help, lord, my hope increase — Oct. 7, 2015
- “Presence of God” by Appar — Oct. 9, 2013