Brandon Hernández 1 p.m., March 27
To God the Father
- Great God, within whose simple essence we
- Nothing but that which is thyself can find,
- When on thy self thou didst reflect thy mind,
- They thought was God which took the form of thee;
- And when this God, thus borne, thou lov’st, and he
- Lov’d thee again, with passion of like kind,
- (As lovers’ sighs, which meet become one wind),
- Both breath’d one spright of equal Deity.
- Eternal Father, whence these two do come,
- And wil’st the title of my Father have,
- An heavenly knowledge in my mind engrave,
- That that thy Son’s true Image may become;
- And sent my heart with sighs of holy Love,
- That that the temple of the Spright may prove.