Content for Thursday, October 10, 2013
- AG charges Corinthian Colleges with false advertising
- Live at TSRI: Dave Douglas Quintet
- South Bay judge upholds majority of indictments in pay-to-play
- Coastal Commission approves convention center expansion
- Trick-Or-Treaters pencil out Bob Hope's house
- Assorted film festival news
- Papa Doug hasn't forgotten Carl D.
- Defendant who admitted stabbing is declared guilty of second degree murder
- Woman sues city after falling off Ocean Beach seawall
- A Bilbray, not Brian, runs for Congress
- Road dogs: stories from Counterpoint Culture's summer tour
- Convention center liars expose themselves
- Non-union workers to blast project labor agreements today
News & Stories
In March, ex-mayor Bob Filner ordered a halt to construction after complaints that the project was more dormitory than apartment building.
“Highest crime area in the city”
Phantom Lounge and Nightclub may open soon downtown at 1014 Fifth Avenue (just north of Broadway). This will be the third Phantom Lounge location in San Diego County. Unlike the two existing businesses, this one ...
Three Escondido residents were arrested yesterday (October 9) in connection with a string of “smash-and-grab” robberies taking place at the trailhead of the Monserate Mountain Preserve in Fallbrook between September 19 and October 4. Bryan ...
Celebrants from Ventura to Vancouver on the way
"The entire thing is volunteer-run and a gift to people in the community," says Persep Sion, one of the organizers of Youtopia, set for October 17–21. She says the gathering is based on the ten ...
There was a good reason for Augustin Hadelich to join the audience for Prokoviev's 5th Symphony. I was at the Saturday night concert which meant Augustin had already heard the Prokofiev on Friday. He knew ...
Bonita-based artist lives the modern tale of the underemployed Millennial, and paints fantastic creatures while she's at it.
“I don’t know if I believe in monsters,” says Lauren Skinker, a 23-year-old painter living in Bonita. “I just like the idea of them.” Monsters, and all that which is generally fantastic, inspire Skinker. One ...
How to achieve the effortless look of the top knot
This fall it’s all about the top knot. Buns have been in vogue for decades but this season, the traditional yawn-worthy updo has been replaced with an updated effortless and chic look. The top knot ...
The case for hiring ex-military.
The unemployment rate for former military is reportedly more than 10%, which higher than the national rate. This is a tragedy. One of the factors contributing to this high rate is that folks in the ...
Score a career in America's favorite sport.
Even if you’re too skinny or the wrong sex to make it as a linebacker in the NFL you can still have a career in football. With a background in everything from public relations to ...
Why don’t employers like hiring former business owners?
The beauty and joy of starting your own business might turn out to be an ugly blemish if you are older and fail. Increasingly, it is more difficult for workers ages 55-plus to re-enter the ...