Content for Friday, March 8, 2013
- TMD puts 2014 funding requests on indefinite hold
- Chargers hawking combined convention center/roofed stadium
- Studies on population increase, climate change 'collide' at public talk
- Joe Garrison & Night People live at 98 Bottles
- Rain spoils promising Padres early lead against White Sox
- PB: Drink your greens!
- Why Carlsbad Doesn't Need a Charter School
- Former executive director of tribe gaming commission admits embezzlement
- Why poll when you can impale?
- Late filings reveal formidable fundraising clout of San Diego sheriff
- Color Me Rad 5K at Petco Park
- A personal message to discerning San Diego cinephiles from Thomas 'Tiny' Lister
- Film critic Beth Accomando hosts Park Chan-Wook retrospective at Reading Town Square
- Wait, wait, wait - howcum no one told me about The Monk?
- Taking salt and pepper off The Counter
- New releases opening this week
- Checking out the Heights Tavern
- Assault weapons ban to be discussed at an upcoming committee meeting
- Metropolitan Opera HD Parsifal
- Fiji Yogurt and Ferran Adria
- Proposed Barrio Logan entryway sign unveiled
- U.S. adds 236,000 jobs in February, unemployment rate drops
News & Stories
Feud erupted into shooting last summer
A 44-year-old man and a teenaged boy who lived across the street from one another on Herder Lane in Encinitas vented their mutual dislike by shouting insults and trading obscenities for years. Last summer, the ...
May extend to inland areas
An ordinance to ban recreational vehicles, boats, and trailers from parking overnight on public streets west of I-5 is in the works, said Michael Patton, representative for District 2 city councilmember Kevin Faulconer, at the ...
Transcendence found in the California desert.
Deep in the belly of Death Valley National Park, I pitched my tent up against sage bushes looking out at snowcapped mountains. Campers sat in their vehicles, some huddled in their tents, all dodging the ...
Stylish kids in La Mesa
When I was a kid, kids dressed like kids. We wore pastels, itchy sweaters, and Sesame Street themed overalls. In recent years toddlers have begun dressing like tiny adults. It’s not unusual to see 3-year-olds ...
Using surplus SANDAG funds “not quite right”
An effort to install a traffic light that would help cyclists on the Bayside Bike Trail — one supported and funded by the San Diego Association of Governments — failed to get off the ground ...
Dear Foals,What are you doing? You used to have so much potential. When Antidotes was released in 2008, you were regarded as Battles for the pop listener! What a compliment! Your plinky guitar lines, math-rock ...