Content for Friday, August 24, 2012
- Votes for Women
- "Tonalization in Playing" by Timothy Judd, Adapted and Compiled for Flute by September Payne, DMA
- Season Preview: No. 8 Eastlake Titans
- What the @$%& is a Cecchi Gori and Why is it Suing Scorsese?
- Internal Revenue Service suspends Scott Kaplan and Billy Ray Smith's nonprofit Great Friends Foundation
- Last Train Home from Tango Del Rey
- Romney/Ryan and the New Padres Owners
- Normal Heights Street Style: Hot Pink
- As part of 10-year celebration, SanDiegoCityBeat dings Reader cover stories.
- Prepkitchen Del Mar preps for re-open
- In other news...
- Now That’s My Cup of Tea
- Cyclist Landis Will Repay His Defrauded Donors
- New feature: free movies of the week.
- Another San Diegan jumps on anti union political withholding bandwagon
- Premium Rush features a bicycle race through Central Park.
- Supporters of genetically modified food labeling make their case
- Retire this trend: strippers who don't strip.
- Plan 9 Alehouse
- Bob Filner changes position on Balboa Park Plan, tells Voice of San Diego he will support Council's decision
- Review: The Apparition
News & Stories
Protesters were back in the Midway District again, but they weren’t there to stand up for gay rights or the personal views of Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy. This time protesters were upset about the Ringling ...
For the first time since it was built in 1997, the South Bay International Wastewater Treatment Plant at the U.S.-Mexico border has met the standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency three months in a ...
As I watched my favorite street vendor whip up the usual thirty baht (approximately $1 USD) shrimp pad thai, I noticed that she added more love into it than usual on this particular evening. Devouring ...
Maya, my three-year-old Border collie mix, and I had been traveling through Europe. We had started in Athens, and now we were in Split, Croatia, at a dog-friendly B&B. The owners said that almost anything ...
The last album by Southern California alt-rockers Redd Kross came out in 1997. Fifteen years later, we finally have a follow-up. You know music has been sliced, diced, and sub-genred to death when a straight-up ...
The Alabama Shakes brought southern soul and blues to a sold-out House of Blues. The hot and sweaty crowd swayed, danced, and soaked in the soulful voice of lead singer Brittany Howard, the blues licks ...