Scott Marks 7:42 p.m., July 28
- Community Blog
- South Bay Education Issues
Community Meeting with Dr. Ed Brand Superintendent Temporarily Suspended - Stay Tuned!!
The community meeting with Dr. Ed Brand is now confirmed. It will be held this Thursday August 30th at 7pm at the Eastlake High School Performing Arts Center. If you are a parent, taxpayer and/or community member of the District, we encourage you to attend. This will be an opportunity to discuss various topics of concern in our community. These include the impact of open boundaries within the District and the use of Mello Roos tax by the District. Did you know that students can transfer to any school in the district now? This has caused numerous impacts at various schools which includes overcrowded classes, heavy traffic, lack of adequate transportation, food service issues, and others. As a result of this decision, there now appears to be an imbalance in attendance at numerous schools. If this concerns you, this meeting is your opportunity to express it to the Superintendent. Do you know what the Mello Roos tax is and how the District uses it? If you don't, now is your chance to find out. We are aware that the District used this tax, which is paid by approximately 26% of the residents within the District, for the purchase of IPads for all students in the District. It also appears the District is using this tax to pay its operating expenses. If you are concerned about this, this meeting is your chance to express this concern. Hope to see you this Thursday!
More like this:
- SWEETWATER UHSD COMMUNITY FORUM THIS THURS NOV 8 AT 7PM AT EASTLAKE HIGH — Nov. 7, 2012
- Chula Vista East Side's Mello-Roos Mess — Sept. 19, 2012
- No Confidence Vote For SUHSD Superintendent Ed Brand Being Circulated — Sept. 2, 2012
- Sweetwater Union High School District Community Meeting Tonight!! — Aug. 30, 2012
- Open Boundaries and Use of Mello Roos in the Sweetwater Union High School District — Aug. 22, 2012