Chad Deal 2 p.m., Nov. 22
- Community Blog
Dessert Before Dinner
The best pretzel in San Diego County is made in Imperial Beach, at Pretzels & More, right next to the Pier. They make this whole wheat banana pretzel (that's right: a pretzel baked right inside); then, whilst it's still piping hot, they shuffle it next door to Cow-A-Bunga, the best ice cream not in San Diego County, but on the friggin' planet, where a generous dollop of homemade cheesecake ice cream is served over it, or next to it, your choice.
Of course, it may spoil your dinner if you do as I did and indulge yourself beforehand, but hey--ya' live once, ya' know?
More like this:
- Barrio Logan: Eat your fruit! — Aug. 8, 2013
- And the Winner Is... — Aug. 16, 2011
- Ice Cream — April 28, 2010
- A Quiet Walk; A Quiet Beach — Dec. 1, 2008
- A Facelift for the Imperial Beach Pier: Would That Facelift Include Better Law Enforcement On It? — Nov. 25, 2008