Daniel Powell 7:02 p.m., Aug. 31
- Community Blog
A Quiet Walk; A Quiet Beach
A very pleasant 2-mile walk from my apartment to the Pier today. Lots of mist. Later, at the Pier itself, the fog rolled in.
Imperial Beach is quite pleasant Mondays and Tuesdays, when the kids and the tourists and the mayhem-makers from Chula Vista aren't around. Seacoast Drive is typically very quiet; so too the park and the beach itself. Quiet and meditative.
I'm sure IB's business owners would like it busy 24/7/365, but then it wouldn't be IB--and I'd never visit at all.
Want a quiet San Diego beach? You didn't hear it here first.
More like this:
- New Year's Resolutions for IB — Dec. 31, 2008
- "Open, Open, Open ..." — Dec. 25, 2008
- The Case of the Missing Water and the Unadvertised Christmas Event — Dec. 6, 2008
- A Facelift for the Imperial Beach Pier: Would That Facelift Include Better Law Enforcement On It? — Nov. 25, 2008
- Dessert Before Dinner — Nov. 23, 2008