Joseph O'Brien 6 p.m., Nov. 26
- Community Blog
- Serra Mesa Stories
There is a a young poet in Serra Mesa
Serra Mesa has a new poet who writes about the ups and downs of being a teenager in San Diego.
That would me. I'm a 15-year-old sophomore at Patrick Henry High School in San Carlos. I attended Lewis Middle School in Allied Gardens and Juarez Elementary in Serra Mesa. I'll be writing about Juarez soon.
I've had two poems and one story published by Teen Ink, which has a website and magazine for teens. I submitted two poems a month ago and just a couple days ago they sent me links to my poems. My first story was published earlier this year. It was about bullying.
I was so happy that my recent work got published because I worked hard on these poems. They are both about personal challenges that I am overcoming. I hope to get more published by even more websites. Here are links to my poems: http://www.teenink.com/poetry/all/article/257205/Me-against-the-scale/ http://www.teenink.com/poetry/all/article/257755/Jaded/
More like this:
- My Halloween trip back in time to Juarez Elementary — Oct. 30, 2010
- Better to Try and Fail then to Fail to Try — Oct. 4, 2010
- Tie This Guy Up, Make Sure He Stays at SDSU — March 12, 2008
- The Poetry Home Repair Manual: Practical Advice for Beginning Poets — April 14, 2005
- Survival Poet — May 24, 2001