Jeff Smith 3:30 p.m., June 24
- Community Blog
Digital Billboards WHY??
I can't think of a single good reason why I would want digital billboards in my neighborhood. Isn't it enough that there are advertisements popping up on my iphone when I'm playing Words with Friends, and advertisements looking back at me on my grocery shopping cart, but now, in your face bright, flashing, billboards, distracting me while I'm trying to focus on driving, is something I KNOW I can do without. I DVR my favorite weekly TV shows so I can fast forward through the commercials. Are we not in economic times calling for conservation of energy? How are digital billboards contributing to conversation of energy?
Will the Oceanside City Council agree with me when taking a vote to approve or disapprove amendments to sign ordinances which would allow digital billboards? I'll be at the City Council Public Hearing Wednesday March 28 at 5:00 pm to make my official comments about how unregulated signage in our communities will greatly reduce the quality of life where we live.
I hope the city council follows their mission to "...serve the best interests of all citizens and ensure that Oceanside is a desirable place to live, work, do business, and to visit." when voting to approve or disapprove this amendment to the ordinance.
More like this:
- Electronic billboard? No! — June 25, 2015
- San Diego super-lobbyists battle behind the scenes for video billboards — Dec. 24, 2012
- 10 Points for Denial on July 19th to Save Mission Trails Regional Park — July 3, 2012
- San Diegans' Self-Preservation by Keeping an Eye on Council Members — Oct. 7, 2010
- Will Booze Billboards Buy City Hall? — Feb. 28, 2002