DJ Stevens 9:30 a.m., Oct. 7
Rabbits, and Rodents, and Raids — Oh, My!
The rabbit and rodent population is peaking in the canyons and hillsides of coastal San Diego County.
In many neighborhoods, car headlights illuminate the rear ends of scampering cottontail rabbits making raids on succulent garden vegetation.
On the fringes of suburbia, sleek coyotes are sometimes spotted slinking about in pursuit of rodents and rabbits, or easier-to-catch fare — house cats.
More like this:
- Rabbits, Rodents, and Blooming Flowers — May 16, 2010
- Monkey Flowers, Mustard, Desert Agaves, and the Rabbit and Rodent Population — April 27, 2009
- Dealing with Droppings — Nov. 2, 2008
- Dream Come True — July 19, 2007
- Wild Dogs of Hillcrest — July 23, 1998