Walter Mencken 11 a.m., May 24
Lang Lang plays in San Diego
Chinese concert pianist Lang Lang will play with the San Diego Symphony at Copley Symphony Hall (750 B St) on October 5-7. On October 5 and 7, Lang Lang will play Beethoven's Emperor and on October 6 he will perform Tchaikovsky. Performances start at 8 p.m. on all three evenings. Tickets cost $30-80.
"Lang Lang has conquered the classical world with dazzling technique and charisma," praised National Public Radio's Morning Edition. San Diego Symphony conductor Jahja Ling said Lang Lang is "special because of his total mastery of the piano...He has the flair and great communicative power."
Lang Lang plays Chopin - Grande polonaise brillante:
More like this:
- Lang Lang: San Diego Symphony (1 of 2) — Oct. 28, 2013
- Redeemed by the encore: San Diego Symphony (1 of 2) — Nov. 5, 2012
- A flock of butterflies and a grizzly bear: San Diego Symphony opening night — Oct. 6, 2012
- Local High School Musicians Join Musical Theatre Tribute to the Beatles (Oct. 5) — Sept. 23, 2012
- Fink@ UCSD — Sept. 22, 2012