Ian Anderson 6 p.m., March 7
Name: Kimberly Lee
Occupation: Works at Aldos
"I consider my style to be casual,” Lee told me despite wearing pleather shorts, an oversized gold watch, and boots that looked extremely difficult to walk in.
"After getting a job at Aldo I felt I had to take my wardrobe up a notch." she adds.
Kimberly's boots are a recent purchase from Aldos in Horton Plaza. They retail for $140.
Café Bassam, on the corner of Fifth and Redwood in Bankers Hill is an unexpected vintage haven. Near the cash register, two display cases overflow with trinkets, jewelry, old school cuff links, and vintage ties. While I was enjoying my coffee a woman bought a seafoam tiger statue and a vanilla latte.
Owner, Bassam Shamma, is a hat guy. Today he wore a traditional chef uniform, checkered pants and chef smock, with unique tortoise shell glasses from Johnston & Murphy paired with his wardrobe staple: a Great Gatsby inspired hat.
More like this:
- San Diego Street Style: Best of 2012 — Dec. 26, 2012
- Style profile: Golden Hill — Nov. 14, 2012
- Street Style Encinitas: UGG Boots are Tragic — Nov. 7, 2012
- North Park Street Style, A Sweet Ride — Oct. 11, 2012
- Street Style, The Gaslamp: Parrots, Cougars, and Little Black Dresses — Aug. 31, 2012