Ian Anderson 5 p.m., July 30
I spotted Lauren Pope at Influx in Golden Hill back in October. I love the simplicity of Lauren's look. She has a very modern Audrey Hepburn vibe. Her purple suede skirt was a thrift store score and her glasses are from Anthropologie
I found Daniel Ross in North Park last fall exiting his hand painted 1971 Dodge tradesman. Ross has a nice minimalistic look paired with great hair and some good looking Aldo boots.
The pixie cut was a big look in 2012. I spotted Alicia Alhamad in Balboa Park. Her hair paired with a multicolor dress was a perfect wardrobe choice in early October.
2012 was the year of the novelty manicure. Unique nails showed up everywhere. Zooey Deschanel instagrammed a photo of her tuxedo style manicure at the 2012 Golden Globes. Mekkiyyah Christian rocked tribal print nails, a floral print top, and an oversized bun with stud earrings when I spotted her in Clairemont.
I spotted Ian Doolittle in Hillcrest. His outfit was accessory heavy but he pulled it off by pairing neutrals with a small pop of turquois. I am hoping that 2013 puts an end to the current ear stretching fad.
Old lady pastel colored hair and vivid ombres were big this year. Jesika Gonzales of Jamul paired her purple locks with a 1980's inspired jumper.
More like this:
- Street Style, worst trends of 2012: mom jeans and mullet dresses — Dec. 25, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Two: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- Street Style: Clairemont Revisited — Oct. 1, 2012
- Street Style El Cajon: Face Tattoos, Motorcycles, and Comic Books — Sept. 7, 2012
- La Jolla Street Style: All About the Details — Aug. 1, 2012