Ian Anderson 4:01 p.m., Feb. 20
Tycho is Scott Hansen's San Francisco-based music project signed with Ghostly International. And tomorrow night Tycho performs with Mister Lies at Belly Up Tavern (143 Cedros St.) in Solana Beach. Tycho plays ambient electronic, which has roots stemming back to Brian Eno, and is heavily influenced by house and new age styles. This genre of music evokes visuals and creates mood. What mood? It's the kind of music you want to listen to while speeding through a desert highway at sunset.
Take a listen yourself.
Hansen is also a designer who creates visuals for live performances. "I think it becomes more of a cinematic experience. I think people appreciate that. If you can pull in the live band thing and have that really mean something and then have the visual aspect. I think it adds up to a “greater than the sum of its parts” type thing," Hansen told Brightest Young Things.
And a song from Mister Lies:
The show starts at 9 p.m. and tickets are $15. See you there!
More like this:
- Product placement is so yesterday — June 3, 2013
- Temecula: Lightning in a Bottle announces lineup — April 4, 2013
- Mister Lies — Dec. 17, 2012
- Halloween party: Gonjasufi, Skrapez, Crimekillz, and Batwings — Oct. 22, 2012
- The Shins & Washed Out come to town — Sept. 26, 2012