Don Bauder 7:45 a.m., Dec. 11
San Diego County Art Mart Association hosts art shows the 2nd and 4th weekends of each month from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you visit Balboa Park regularly, you've probably seen the little white tents and booths near the International Cottages.
This morning I browsed paintings, glass vases, clay plant holders, and other goods made by local artisans and artists.
I found local artist Michelle Reents' handmade pottery booth and stopped to take a look. She had owl cups, vases, and bowls glazed and painted in soft neutrals.
Reents also had a new collection of earring holders she is presenting at the art show. She designed them because she was tired of putting all of her dangling earrings and studs in a single bowl. The new earring holders have a border of holes perfect for organizing jewelry.
More like this:
- Holiday gifts at Lux Art Institute — Dec. 19, 2012
- HEM shows at home — Dec. 13, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Three: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Two: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- Best Way to Start the Week? Menudo! — Sept. 24, 2012