Walter Mencken 11 a.m., May 24
Weekend arts and crafts
San Diego County Art Mart Association hosts art shows the 2nd and 4th weekends of each month from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you visit Balboa Park regularly, you've probably seen the little white tents and booths near the International Cottages.
This morning I browsed paintings, glass vases, clay plant holders, and other goods made by local artisans and artists.
I found local artist Michelle Reents' handmade pottery booth and stopped to take a look. She had owl cups, vases, and bowls glazed and painted in soft neutrals.
Reents also had a new collection of earring holders she is presenting at the art show. She designed them because she was tired of putting all of her dangling earrings and studs in a single bowl. The new earring holders have a border of holes perfect for organizing jewelry.
More like this:
- Con-Dor science fiction/fantasy convention photo report — March 9, 2013
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz V: What is hidden in the snow, comes forth in the thaw — Dec. 27, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Three: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Two: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- Art, Beer and a Barn in the Ranch — June 26, 2012