Don Bauder 9:30 p.m., March 5
Weekend arts and crafts
San Diego County Art Mart Association hosts art shows the 2nd and 4th weekends of each month from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you visit Balboa Park regularly, you've probably seen the little white tents and booths near the International Cottages.
This morning I browsed paintings, glass vases, clay plant holders, and other goods made by local artisans and artists.
I found local artist Michelle Reents' handmade pottery booth and stopped to take a look. She had owl cups, vases, and bowls glazed and painted in soft neutrals.
Reents also had a new collection of earring holders she is presenting at the art show. She designed them because she was tired of putting all of her dangling earrings and studs in a single bowl. The new earring holders have a border of holes perfect for organizing jewelry.
More like this:
- Con-Dor science fiction/fantasy convention photo report — March 9, 2013
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz V: What is hidden in the snow, comes forth in the thaw — Dec. 27, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Three: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Two: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- Art, Beer and a Barn in the Ranch — June 26, 2012