Ibn Tufail 10 p.m., July 1
Art Around Adams
The 8th annual Art Around Adams will take place next Saturday, June 4th, between Oregon Street in Normal Heights and Vista Street in Kensington from 3 to 10 p.m. The two mile Exodus Studios presentation will feature comedians, interactive walkthrough art installations, beat poets, belly dancers, and mimes. Councilmember Todd Gloria will kick off the festivities, which will include a "Comedy Trolley" led by hostess April Ventura and over 100 businesses come art galleries/performance spaces. Expect tunes from local rads such as Todo Mundo, Secret Seven, Wendy Bailey & True Stories, Gayle Skidmore, SO3, The Flowerthief, Dave Humphries, and The Old In Out, among many others.
Toss some change at the organizers to make this community tradition a top notch experience at their Kickstarter website. See you all in the sunshine!
More like this:
- May Day: Need more beer! — April 28, 2015
- Adams Avenue music festival only free to you and me — March 14, 2014
- A rough guide to music at Art Around Adams — May 31, 2013
- Toe The Line at Planet Rooth Design Haus — Feb. 27, 2013
- Edinburgh, Scotland’s Royal Mile — Dec. 5, 2011