Scott Ellis 9:46 p.m., April 22
A rough guide to music at Art Around Adams
The Normal Heights street fair celebrates ten years with artists, musicians, street performers, comedians, politicians, interactive installations, and more.
If an afternoon spin on the free “comedy trolley” - hosted by a handful of local wise-guys - isn’t more than enough reason to stop by Art Around Adams (it is), check out these musical highlights, who will be celebrating the street fair’s ten-year anniversary from 2 to 10 tomorrow (Saturday, June 1).
Click on band names for related Reader articles. Full lineup here.
Cafe 21 Stage - 2736 Adams Ave:
2:00 - Flowerthief
Papaha’s Gallery Stage at Car Wash - 3302 Adams Ave.:
7:24 - Madame Ur y sus hombres
Black Cherry Stage @DiMille’s Beer Garden - 3492 Adams Ave.:
9:00 - Bloodflowers
Folk Arts Stage - 2881 Adams Ave.:
4:45 - Santiago and Mire of Todo Mundo
Blindspot Stage @Smitty’s - 3441 Adams Ave.:
4:00 - New Kinetics
8:00 - Hills Like Elephants
9:00 - The Burning of Rome
Visual Shop Stage - 3524 Adams Ave.:
3:00 - 10shun
4:30 - Scatterbrain
6:30 - Odessa Kane
ArtLab Stage - 3536 Adams Ave.:
8:00 - Tori Roze & the Hot Mess
Don’t miss Mayor Bob Filner: 3:00 @ the Kensington Library Park Stage / Kids Zone - 4121 Adams Ave.
And Council President Todd Gloria: 3:45 @ Blindspot Records Stage / Smitties Service - 3441 Adams Ave.
Free – all ages
More like this:
- Stay Strange kicks off June residency at The Void — June 1, 2013
- The Void: Vampire Slayer, Late Nite Howl, Marcelo Radulovich, and Monsterpussy — Feb. 26, 2013
- Mexicali weirdpunk: Maniqui Lazer and Batwings at The Office — Feb. 22, 2013
- Thee Electric Ballroom: rock and roll and art at El Dorado — Nov. 20, 2012
- Wild Wild Wets: a party psychedelic rock band — Oct. 9, 2012