Don Bauder 7:30 p.m., Aug. 30
Summer Solstice Drum Circle - Mystic Water Kava Bar
Mystic Water Kava Bar and Yoga Studio in North Park will be celebrating the longest day of summer with a solstice drum circle tonight starting at 9:15. Bring your own drum and let your inner hippie pagan cut loose, or just chill under the bar’s sculpted indoor Banyan tree with a traditionally-served shell of kava - an earthy, sedative root beverage from the South Pacific. The bar also serves Chai tea, young coconut, and organic yerba mate tea in a traditional gourd. Tuesday nights are 2-for-1 kava at $11.
The yoga studio holds classes seven days a week in Vinyasa, Hatha, Kund-inyasa, and meditation. Stop by for art and music from resident DJ Kaminanda during the monthly Ray at Night art walk (second Saturdays) or every Friday and Saturday night for live music in the bar’s Hobbits-ly ambiance.
Mystic Water Kava Bar – North Park - 3811 Ray Street
More like this:
- 2014 Guide to the Arts in San Diego — Feb. 12, 2014
- Yoga @ Mystic Water Kava Bar — Sept. 11, 2012
- Stoke Your Creative Fire — May 2, 2012
- Kava Lounge Celebrates Roopening of Center for the Arts — May 12, 2011
- Kava Lounge — March 30, 2011