Scott Ellis 9:45 a.m., June 29
Witnessed at lunch
I'm really not trying to infringe on "Overheard in San Diego," but sometimes the conversations that go on at my favorite fast food restaurant are too precious not to doodle as they happen.
When I go to cartoon lunch, I normally go to the same McDonald’s. This McDonald’s is pretty popular with the older crowd, particularly older folks who seem to be missing a few bolts. They’re usually fairly noisy, either talking to themselves or striking up random conversations with fellow diners.
I’m normally really tolerant of it because it’s kind of a unique clique of people who mean no harm, and it’s often pretty amusing. Lately though, they’ve been particularly aggressive — and not particularly effective — when it comes to singling out targets of random conversation.
Here was one from last year, among a group of regulars:
And this one just happened yesterday:
More like this:
- Pussycat Theaters - a comprehensive history of a California dynasty — June 29, 2010
- Web exclusive cartoon - "Jankenstein" — Aug. 18, 2008
- Rocker Chicks Do San Diego, plus Dark Metal, Racist Rock, Christian Goths, Hip-Hop Quest, Rave Culture, Fashionistas, Swing Kids, & more — June 9, 2008
- Painting Rock Stars, plus Behind the Scenes: Overheard in San Diego & Famous Former Neighbors — May 8, 2008
- Stages of the cartoon — Sept. 27, 2007