Don Bauder 9:45 p.m., March 11
Suspected Spider-Man bandit arrested
La Mesa Police announced on Tuesday afternoon (June 11) that they had made two arrests related to a string of robberies involving an individual wearing a Spider-Man mask, dating back to a January 28 heist at Sierra Market on the 3800 block of Massachusetts Avenue.
San Diego residents Johnny McGee (43) and Gina E. Ludwig (38) were both arrested related to the Sierra robbery, and police say their investigation implicated the suspects in four additional robberies in La Mesa, not all of them involving the Spider-Man disguise. Ludwig was booked on a single robbery charge, while McGee was charged with robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, restraining order violations, burglary, and conspiracy.
More like this:
- Black Spider-Man: threat or menace? — May 31, 2013
- Fallbrook man arrested on indecent exposure charges — May 16, 2013
- La Mesa liquor store clerk strikes robbery suspect in head with bottle — Jan. 30, 2013
- Fence-hopping felon nabbed in La Mesa — Jan. 4, 2013
- Police Nab Machete-Wielding Bandit — Aug. 3, 2012