John Mann 12:38 p.m., March 11
Police Nab Machete-Wielding Bandit
La Mesa Police have apprehended the man they believe to be responsible for robbing a gas station armed with a machete last month.
On July 18, the machete-brandishing suspect removed the cash drawer from a Circle K/76 station and fled – the knife and cash drawer were later recovered nearby. Four days later, Chula Vista Police arrested 28 year-old Danny Molestina of San Diego for an unrelated robbery.
After he was identified and in custody, officers were able to link him to the La Mesa crime. He is currently being held in county jail.
More like this:
- El Cajon man caught burgling vehicle in Walmart parking lot — Oct. 15, 2013
- Police officer struck by driver-less vehicle, car theft suspect escapes in La Mesa — May 9, 2013
- Man Arrested For Robbing Gas Station With Scissors — July 27, 2012
- Police Nab Teenage Burglars — Oct. 5, 2011
- El Cajon Police Expose Iraqi/Mexican Drug Ring — Aug. 19, 2011