Jay Allen Sanford 8 p.m., Nov. 25
San Diego Harbor Police recovered a mans body from San Diego Bay after a reported fall from the Coronado bridge Sunday July 21, according to California Highway Patrol Officer Jake Sanchez. At approximately 4:35pm passengers aboard the southbound 901 bus made up mostly of Comic-Con attendees and military personnel were concerned when they were passed by two San Diego Police patrol cars as they approached the bridge. One passenger commented that if someone was threatening to jump they would be stuck but if the person had already jumped they would be able to continue. About mid-span passengers saw a pickup truck stopped on the north side of the bridge with its hood open and police officers staring over the edge of the bridge into the water. Sanchez said the CHP is investigating the incident, and that the county Medical Examiner’s Office will be releasing information on the jumper at a later date.
More like this:
- Coronado Bridge to eternity — June 17, 2015
- El Cajon man removed from hiding spot under parked car by police dog — July 30, 2013
- Officer Stryker Slain in Line of Duty — Jan. 2, 2008
- Through the Air into Darkness — Oct. 12, 2000
- A Big Message — Oct. 5, 2000