Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Jan. 19
David Copley yacht for sale
Fraser Yachts asking $34.5 million for yacht that hung around Monaco.
"Happy Days," the yacht of the late publisher David Copley, is for sale by Fraser Yachts, which has a San Diego office. The price is $34.5 million, according to a document distributed by Fraser. The listing agent for the company wouldn't give more information, but two people within the San Diego office confirmed the sale.
When Copley began using the craft in 2007, its value was said to be $33 million. It was registered in the tax haven of the Marshall Islands. Generally, registering a yacht offshore is a technique for not paying a sales tax. The yacht could be seen in Monaco, where Copley threw lavish parties aboard it, often bringing San Diego Beautiful People to the soirees.
More like this:
- Helen Copley foundation continues downward cash spiral — Jan. 14, 2014
- Take a spin in David Copley's former yacht — Oct. 18, 2013
- Late David Copley's yacht sold — June 29, 2013
- David Copley's yacht is on the move again — Oct. 1, 2007
- How to Avoid Taxes, Cruise European Seas — Jan. 18, 2007