Shelli DeRobertis 2 p.m., July 30
Filner, Goldsmith met today: reports
Resignation on table, as expected. Secrecy also?
As predicted here yesterday (see my blog post on Sunday, Aug. 18), Mayor Bob Filner and City Attorney Jan Goldsmith met today, according to reports in mainstream media today (Aug. 19).
Locally, such media outlets as Channel 10, KPBS, and the Union-Tribune have reported the meeting today, apparently with a mediator who is a retired federal judge. Los Angeles attorney Gloria Allred, who has been working with Goldsmith to find women whom the mayor allegedly harassed, is said to have been in attendance.
Filner's resignation was almost certainly a consideration. My own opinion is that if he resigns, Filner will also have to agree to keep the extremely dubious methods of his opponents a secret.
National Media such as The Hill and Talking Points Memo have also picked up the story.
There was a downtown gathering of Filner supporters over the noon hour.
I will report more if I get it from my sources, who have been remarkably accurate to date.
More like this:
- Damn, Jan, you're in a jam — March 19, 2015
- Filner, Goldsmith slated to meet tomorrow — Aug. 18, 2013
- Was Filner's office bugged by long distance microphone? — Aug. 9, 2013
- Sheriff reportedly plotting mayor's ouster got funds from Lynch, Blue, hotel interests, report says — Aug. 6, 2013
- Mayor Filner backtracks on enforcement of medical marijuana dispensaries — Jan. 29, 2013