Dominic DeGrazier 3:37 p.m., Sept. 21
14 homicides in Tijuana over seven days
Violent week in Tijuana, three more killed by Monday afternoon
At least 14 homicides were recorded in Tijuana over a seven day period, ending on Sunday, April 14th, 2013. By the early hours of Sunday, Frontera had reported that 13 homicides had been counted by local authorities. Local investigators allege that 85% of those homicides were related to drug-trafficking.
The 14th homicide recorded was that of a 7 year old girl. The girl was found dead in a residence after being left with a babysitter and three others. Prosecutors believe the girl was raped and then killed. According to authorities, two men and two women were apprehended at the home after the parents returned from buying groceries.
The violence has not slowed in Tijuana, as three more have been reportedly killed in the morning hours of Monday, April 15th. According to El-Mexicano, two men were killed near a food vendor in the Los Álamos neighborhood. Another man was shot to death before noon in Playas de Tijuana.
More like this:
- Tijuana hits ordered from California prison — April 17, 2013
- Former Arellano Félix attorney killed in Tijuana — April 11, 2013
- Two female victims found dead within 48 hours near U.S. border in Tijuana — March 18, 2013
- Journalist Killed in Tijuana — Oct. 15, 2012
- Suspect busted with over $1million cash owned restaurant in Tijuana — Aug. 21, 2012