Jay Allen Sanford 10:15 a.m., Dec. 11
A United States Border Patrol agent fired 10 rounds from his handgun killing the driver after being struck and carried by a car on Friday, September 28th. National and local news has covered the story of the agent who shot and killed 32 year old Valeria Monique Alvarado. Alvarado was hit with 5 of the 10 rounds fired at close range.
The agent, whose identity has not been released yet, was not in uniform. Agents were serving a warrant in a Chula Vista neighborhood when the plainclothes agent was hit by a passing car which led to the alleged self-defense shooting to stop the vehicle.
More like this:
- Widow of alleged rock-throwing man killed by Border Patrol sues officials, U.S. — June 21, 2013
- Border Patrol rescues three lost immigrants in Imperial County — April 23, 2013
- Friendship Park open again at border fence — Oct. 8, 2012
- Witness accounts vary as FBI investigates Border Patrol shooting — Oct. 1, 2012
- Greetings from Tijuana — Aug. 6, 2008