Matthew Lickona 12:01 p.m., Dec. 7
Border Patrol agent fired 10 rounds into vehicle after being hit
A United States Border Patrol agent fired 10 rounds from his handgun killing the driver after being struck and carried by a car on Friday, September 28th. National and local news has covered the story of the agent who shot and killed 32 year old Valeria Monique Alvarado. Alvarado was hit with 5 of the 10 rounds fired at close range.
The agent, whose identity has not been released yet, was not in uniform. Agents were serving a warrant in a Chula Vista neighborhood when the plainclothes agent was hit by a passing car which led to the alleged self-defense shooting to stop the vehicle.
More like this:
- Border Patrol agent who shot rock-thrower faces lawsuit — Aug. 4, 2015
- Excessive force in his history — Oct. 16, 2014
- Controversial killings protested in San Ysidro — Feb. 25, 2013
- Witness accounts vary as FBI investigates Border Patrol shooting — Oct. 1, 2012
- If You Don't Run You Don't Get Hit — Feb. 22, 2001