Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., March 10
Mexico special forces soldier arrested for kidnapping
A Mexican army special forces soldier was arrested in Tijuana Tuesday, October 22nd, in connection with kidnapping a civilian. The soldier, whose identity has not been released, was arrested by local police in the Zona Río after the victim specifically identified the alleged kidnapper.
Mexican military forces and special units formed to combat organized crime have been deployed across Mexico to aid police forces against cartels. Human rights violations have been common place across the nation as military units are not properly trained in policing.
Tijuana, unlike most other border cities, has received applause for its revamped police force and has been able to handle the majority of the police work with local law enforcement in recent years.
More like this:
- 74 United States fugitives arrested in Baja California in 2013 — Aug. 1, 2013
- Arellano Félix kidnapping kingpin caught — Dec. 19, 2012
- Municipal Police Playing Major Roll in Tijuana’s Homicide Drop — May 28, 2012
- 1.3 Tons of Pot Seized in Tijuana — May 17, 2012
- Illegal Arrest & Torture Case Filed Against Mexico — March 19, 2012