Daniel Powell 7:02 p.m., Aug. 31
Tijuana municipal police being trained by U.S. instructors
A group of Tijuana municipal police will begin a training program instructed partly by United States ex-military and ex-law enforcement officers serving as instructors. The group of 125 officers will be part of an ongoing program to give continuing training to police officers.
The classes will take place at the Institute for Professional Development and Training. The program will begin Monday, October 22nd and carry on for five weeks.
Tijuana and Baja California has made strides in recent years to clean up its law enforcement and lead the way for Mexico against organized crime.
More like this:
- Tijuana police record 222 attempted bribes over last 4 months — May 2, 2013
- Port inks deal with Los Angeles for police cross-training — April 5, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Missing Child Sought; US and Mexico Instructors to Train 125 Police Officers — Oct. 19, 2012
- Border News Translations: Avenida Revolution; Fire Clean-up; Police Accept Offer — May 4, 2011
- Unfriendly skies — Sept. 30, 2009