Matt Potter 2:30 p.m., March 10
Sheriff's Department identifies suspect in Santee murder
The San Diego Sheriff’s Department this evening identified 64 year-old Paul Carl Tomasini as the sole suspect in the murder of an as-yet unidentified woman last night on the 10500 block of Strathmore Drive in Santee.
Around 9:45 Sunday night, deputies responded to a report of “unknown trouble,” with the reported possibility of a deceased person at the residence. On arrival they met the Santee Fire Department, which was already on scene and treating Tomasini, who had suffered non life-threatening stab wounds.
Upon continuing into the house, they discovered the victim, known to be an acquaintance of Tomasini. Since his identification as the sole suspect in the murder, he has remained at the local hospital where he was transported from the scene and continues to receive treatment.
The Sheriff’s Department is still sorting out details of the crime and is asking anyone who may have information on the suspect or victim to contact their Homicide Detail at (858) 974-2321.
More like this:
- Amber alert issued for Boulevard man suspected of murder, arson, kidnapping — Aug. 5, 2013
- Facebook credited with assist in catching ATM bandit in East County — Jan. 24, 2013
- Murder suspected in Lemon Grove — Jan. 3, 2013
- Two stabbed, nearly run down by car in Encinitas bar fight — Sept. 5, 2012
- Woman Kidnapped, Returned, Suspect Remains at Large — Jan. 12, 2012