Ian Pike noon, Dec. 8
Murder suspected in Lemon Grove
Unidentified woman found on roadside with head injuries, later succumbs to her wounds
Sheriff’s deputies in Lemon Grove are searching for information regarding an apparent homicide this morning.
Around 2 a.m., deputies were patrolling the 7600 block of Pacific Avenue when they found a woman lying on the side of the road. Stopping to check on the woman, they discovered injuries to her head. Paramedics were called to the scene and the victim was transported to Scripps Mercy Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 2:37 this morning.
A bullet casing was found at the scene, though it’s unclear at this point whether or not the shell is related to the crime.
The victim was identified Thursday afternoon as 30 year-old Jennifer Rene Krajnak. No suspects have been identified at this time, though the Sheriff’s Department is encouraging anyone with information to contact Homicide Detail at (858) 974-2321, or to submit an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.
More like this:
- Murder suspect arrested in Oregon — Jan. 7, 2013
- Homicide caused one of two recent Santa Ysabel deaths — Nov. 1, 2012
- Sheriff's Department identifies suspect in Santee murder — Oct. 1, 2012
- Woman Kidnapped, Returned, Suspect Remains at Large — Jan. 12, 2012
- Man Brings Lover Roses Then Shoots Her — Aug. 9, 2007