Julie Stalmer 10:30 a.m., June 28
Search for remains
Crew of investigators arrive in Tijuana to search for remains of 75 dissolved victims
A crew of investigators and scientists has arrived in Tijuana to begin searching for the remains of a large group of people who were dissolved in acid by a cartel henchman. The team, which belongs to the Subprocuraduría Especializada en Investigación de Delincuencia Organizada (SEIDO), believes they finally know the location of 75 of the victims who were killed over a number of years.
Santiago Meza Lopez admitted in 2009 to dissolving over 300 bodies for Teodoro Garcia Simental, a top cartel lieutenant in the area. Meza Lopez only recently indicated that some of the bodies may be buried in a specific area of eastern Tijuana.
More like this:
- Memorial built where El Pozolero dissolved bodies — Feb. 24, 2014
- The Vanishing Women of Baja — March 22, 2013
- Baja disappeared persons misrepresented in PGR reports — Dec. 21, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Injured Man Remains Unidentified; Graves of Missing Sought — Nov. 27, 2012
- Mexican Drug Cartels: You Want Silver or Lead? — Sept. 22, 2010