Brandon Hernández 1 p.m., March 28
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Injured Man Remains Unidentified; Graves of Missing Sought
Injured Man Remains Unidentified (Uniradio Informa, 11/27/12)
TIJUANA, BC - Personnel of the Red Cross reported an unidentified person was the victim of an accident and has been in intensive care since last week. They urge family members to come forward. The man is around 40 years of age. He was not carrying identification, said Carlos Velazco Samperio, general manager of Cruz Roja Tijuana.
"We have a person who is unknown since November 19. We have published photos of the patient who is still near unconscious. We do not have any information therefore we do not know who he is and we can not assure his safe recovery at the moment. He was in intensive care and is improving", he said. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/tijuana/articulo161051.html
Graves of Missing Sought (Uniradio Informa, 11/27/12)
TIJUANA, BC - This Tuesday, Agents of the Attorney General specializing in the Investigation of Organized Crime (SEIDO) worked at farms of a school in an area better known as "La Gallera" because they suspect that there are buried corpses, said Fernando Ocegueda, President of the United Association for the Disappeared of Baja California.
He explained that after two years of research it could be the location mentioned in the declarations of Santiago Meza Lopez alias "El Pozolero", revealing that more than 80 bodies were buried at this location. A clandestine grave was located and "right now we are going to bring in backhoes machines in order to remove the upper part of the soil and proceed to remove what is in this place".
So far it was not known if there was a trench. In case human bodies are waiting in poor condition we must extract DNA samples to check if they are on the list of missing persons. He mentioned having another location where he assures there are at least 20 more bodies, to result in more than 100 bodies between the two farms.
Since he began the search in 2010 he has gone to 33 registered premises and of these only 2 human remains were found but they could not be identified. He finally invited the families of those with missing relatives to visit the premises of the Attorney General of the Republic (PGR) to verify if they are among some of the bodies we expect to find on these farms. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/tijuana/articulo161044.html
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Xolos visit General Hospital; USA Consulate in Tijuana closed for holiday; Collective marriage in Tijuana — Feb. 15, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Business in Zona Rio Closed Down; Tijuana Residents Surveyed to Meet their Needs — Jan. 17, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Improved Tourist Influx in Tijuana; Man Shot in Broad Daylight — Jan. 14, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: More than 6,300 Pupils Return to Classes; Bus Company Denies Invading Routes — Jan. 7, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: 4 Students Saved from Heatstroke; 6000 New Jobs in Tijuana — Sept. 13, 2012