Ian Anderson 6 p.m., March 7
Good news for California State University system
Incoming chancellor requests pay cut
In October the California State University board of trustees appointed Timothy P. White chancellor to the 23 campus CSU system. White, currently University of Riverside's chancellor, will assume his new position in December.
The Sacramento Bee reported today that White sent a letter to CSU's board of trustees requesting a 10 % pay cut. According to the article, "White hopes the move will send a signal that 'public higher education matters to all of us, and that we each must play a part in the rebuilding.'"
In accordance with White's request, his base salary will be $380,000 with a $30,000 supplement. Outgoing chancellor Charles Reed received $421,500 with the additional $30,000 supplement.
More like this:
- Double-dipping SDSU pensioner gets $270,000 CSU job — Dec. 13, 2013
- Public Input Stifled at Sweetwater's Board Meeting — July 26, 2012
- State Senate Bill Would Limit CSU Raises — Jan. 6, 2012
- It Was the Biggest Mystery — Oct. 24, 2002
- UCSD, Big Money, and the Ball Club — Feb. 24, 2000