Don Bauder 6:30 p.m., Aug. 21
Who do developers back in Chula Vista elections?
Even though Chula Vista is still reeling from the default/closure crisis, residential development continues to be the city's economic engine.
McMillin's east side Mellenia development includes 2,983 condos. Now that the bay front plan has passed, west side development by Pacifica aims for 1,500 condos.
Two developments currently in process on the east side are Olympic Pointe with 427 condo/rentals and Lake Pointe with 384 condo/rentals.
Are campaign donations to council member candidates an indication of who the developers believe will best support their plans?
Incumbent Pamela Bensoussan is facing off against Larry Breitfelder for seat 3 in the council races. Developers contributed $21,225.00 to Bensoussan and $900.00 to Larry Breitfelder.
Mary Salas and Linda Wagner are candidates for seat 4. Developers gave Salas $21,525.00 and Wagner $300.00.
More like this:
- Chula Vista Ethics Meeting Draws Mayor and Three Police — Oct. 28, 2012
- Chula Vista Project Raises Ethics Questions for Council Members — Oct. 3, 2012
- Has the Lincoln Club Lost Sway in the South Bay? — June 25, 2012
- Lincoln Club Wades into Chula Vista City Council Fray — March 29, 2012
- An Inspection of Lincoln Club Endorsements for Chula Vista City Council — March 11, 2012