DJ Stevens 11:30 a.m., July 29
City Releases Environmental Report For One Paseo in Carmel Valley
The project from Kilroy Realty Corporation, consists of 1,857440 square feet of residential and commercial space on 23.6 acres near the corner of Del Mar Heights Road and El Camino Real. Complete with it's own "main street," the 10 buildings will house a movie theatre, a 150-room hotel, 608 multi-family units, and 806,000 square feet of retail and office space.
On the website, the project is said to be "a vision inspired by the community."
But some Carmel Valley residents say all they see is traffic, unnecessary retail and office space, and more traffic. Those residents, according to their website, feel the development is a misguided attempt to bring downtown density to a small, suburban community.
"The truth is that this new development will overwhelm the Carmel Valley community and its surrounding San Diego, Del Mar and Solana Beach neighborhoods with increased traffic congestion, infrastructure impacts and degrade our community's character, changing life in Carmel Valley forever."
Those residents have 45 days to comment on the environmental documents.
More like this:
- It's Kilroy, from L.A. We're suing again. — April 28, 2015
- Councilmember Lightner mum on One Paseo development — Jan. 20, 2014
- Doug Manchester moves forward with mixed-use development at UT San Diego's Mission Valley headquarters — March 14, 2013
- Carmel Valley Planning Group to Discuss One Paseo Mixed-Use Project — May 24, 2012
- Councilmember Sherri Lightner's Campaign Receives Thousands From One Paseo Developer — May 2, 2012