5:01 p.m., Dec. 4
Doug Manchester moves forward with mixed-use development at UT San Diego's Mission Valley headquarters
Owner of UT San Diego to start preparing environmental documents necessary for project to move forward
The uptick in the real estate market that Doug Manchester was waiting for appears to have arrived. Yesterday, the City of San Diego gave notice that the developer and owner of the UT San Diego is moving closer to building a large mixed-use development project at the site of the paper's Mission Valley headquarters.
According to the notice posted on the City's website, Manchester will be preparing a draft environmental impact report for a 12.86-acre mixed-use project which consists of "194 multiple dwelling units, 243,680 square-feet of office space, 5,000 square feet of restaurant space, and 6,790 of retail space."
There are, however, some obstacles Manchester must clear before proceeding on the project. Those obstacles include several land-use issues such as lack of parking, traffic, density, and concerns regarding the project's compatibility with the surrounding community.
There are also a fair share of environmental issues as well. They include air quality, greenhouse gasses, mineral resources, and water quality, among others.
The City of San Diego will be holding a scoping meeting on the project on March 27 from 6 to 8pm at the Union Tribune building to hear comments and concerns regarding the impact to the environment and the surrounding community.
Here's the notice posted on the City's website:
More like this:
- Mission Valley development machine cranks up — Oct. 12, 2015
- What's next for Union-Tribune real estate? — Sept. 11, 2015
- UT San Diego hopes to add four new buildings to Mission Valley property, including a 23-story residential tower — March 28, 2013
- Brown’s Mission Valley grading violation goes unreported by neighboring hotel magnate’s paper — March 13, 2013
- City Notice Posted on Front Lawn Reveals Union-Tribune Seeking Condo, Office, and Retail Development Permits — May 4, 2012