Walter Mencken 9 a.m., Oct. 22
Dalai Lama Tickets: Hyper-Inflation
The Dalai Lama, spiritual leader of the people of Tibet, will appear in San Diego April 18 and 19. General admission tickets originally went on sale for $25 (two per person) and for students $10 (one per person).
But look at prices now. Secondary market vendors such as Stubhub! are selling tickets for the 1:30 p.m. April 18 appearance at Jenny Craig Pavilion, University of San Diego, for $225 to $550. Tickets for the appearance at the Viejas Arena April 19 at 9:30 a.m. are going for $96 to $194.
The Rimac Arena appearance, University of California San Diego, at 9:30 a.m. April 18 seems to be sold out, but there may be some tickets available at stiff prices.
More like this:
- Dalai Lama to San Diego: "You Are Not Worthy" — March 22, 2012
- Dalai Lama Announces Pilgrimage to East County's "Buddha McDonald" — Jan. 19, 2012
- The Met’s Live in HD Scales San Diego Movie Screens — Sept. 27, 2011
- Turkey With No Toil — Nov. 17, 2005
- What People Don't Understand — Dec. 16, 2004