Brandon Hernández 5 p.m., March 30
Former KUSI Anchor To Serve As Bob Filner's Communications Director
Lena Lewis, former anchor and reporter for KUSI news, is returning to San Diego to become Bob Filner's new communications director. Lewis announced her new gig working for Filner on Twitter yesterday.
"My new boss! Working for Bob Filner in his race for San Diego Mayor. Honored and excited to serve as his communications director," read the tweet.
Lewis spent nine years as a reporter and producer at KUSI. After leaving KUSI, Lewis went to work for a news station in Philadelphia for one year before launching a PR firm in Washington DC.
It appears that the former reporter began advising Filner while in DC. According to a resume on her website, Lewis served as a consultant for "a U.S. Congressman's mayoral campaign." During that time she "successfully averted damage to public image by coaching and preparing candidate on how to address the media regarding a controversial story."
According to her resume she coached the U.S. Congressman on how to deal with local media. "Advised my client on speeches and messages for news conferences and one on one interviews resulting in positive exchanges despite media attempts to focus on a negative issues. Developed and implemented campaign communications strategy on how to develop strong relationships with reporters resulting in positive coverage at media events. Advised on the development of a campaign slogan that generated a “brand” for my client that became an effective motivator for voter loyalty."
More like this:
- Downtown lobbyist fundraiser raked in $9,000 for Filner, filing shows — May 1, 2013
- Filner inaugural roster revealed — Nov. 30, 2012
- Connected Top Cop Union Lobbyist Signs on with Bob Filner — Aug. 2, 2012
- Federal Election Commission Cites "Problems" with Filner 2012 Campaign Committee Disclosures — May 22, 2012
- Filner Moves Funds Between Mayoral and Congressional Campaign Committees — Oct. 18, 2011