Patrick Daugherty 11:15 a.m., Dec. 11
Ten Nabbed for Providing Alcohol to Minors
San Diego Sheriff’s Department deputies, in conjunction with state Alcoholic Beverage Control agents, conducted Minor Decoy and Shoulder Tap operations in the Vista area Friday night.
Under the Minor Decoy program, an underage individual enters a state-licensed facility serving alcohol and attempts to buy a drink. Of 12 establishments visited, six served the decoy. Six adults and one juvenile were cited during the sweep.
The Shoulder Tap program places minors outside stores, where they solicit customers to purchase alcohol on their behalf. Of 23 individuals solicited, three agreed to buy for the decoy. Two were arrested, cited, and released, while the third was taken into custody for driving under the influence, having driven to the store while drunk himself.
More like this:
- Eight arrested in Vista minor decoy tobacco operations — April 15, 2013
- Drunken decoys — Dec. 10, 2012
- Double jeopardy — Nov. 26, 2012
- San Diego Sheriff's Department Starts "Operation Shoulder Tap" — Dec. 22, 2010
- Tapped Out — March 30, 2010