Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., Dec. 6
The Community Oriented Policing & Problem Solving (COPPS) division out of the Vista Sheriff’s Station over the weekend conducted a minor decoy operation in which underage customers attempted to purchase tobacco products at a total of 73 retail stores throughout the city.
The operation resulted in violations at eight stores: the Vons on S. Santa Fe, Bottle Bin Liquor, Barnacles, a 7-Eleven on E. Vista Way, La Favorita Meat Market, an AM/PM on Sycamore Avenue, an Albertson’s on S. Melrose Drive, and Rodeo’s Meat Market.
Cashiers at all eight locations were formally arrested, booked, and released on site with a promise to appear in court.
More like this:
- Drunken decoys — Dec. 10, 2012
- Ten Nabbed for Providing Alcohol to Minors — Feb. 27, 2012
- Local Marketing Firm to Launch In-Store Promos — Oct. 6, 2011
- San Diego Sheriff's Department Starts "Operation Shoulder Tap" — Dec. 22, 2010
- Tapped Out — March 30, 2010