Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., Nov. 24
Police Nab Teenage Burglars
La Mesa Police this morning announced the arrest of three juveniles on burglary charges.
Yesterday afternoon around 1:30 police responded to a call about a potential break-in at a house on the 5600 block of Urban Drive. A neighbor had reported three teens near the home behaving suspiciously.
A detective in the area located the boys, aged 16 and 17 and residents of San Diego, and detained them. The youths were found to be in possession of stolen property, at which point they were booked into Juvenile Hall. An investigation launched upon the trio’s arrest has linked them to at least three burglaries in the vicinity of the Amaya Trolley Station in the city’s northeast corner.
Police are seeking other victims and/or witnesses, and asking affected parties to call them at (619) 667-1400.
More like this:
- Steal big, young thug — July 13, 2015
- Neighbors help nab quartet of burglary suspects in El Cajon — Aug. 5, 2013
- La Mesa police chief Ed Aceves delivers crime report — Feb. 17, 2013
- Juvenile burglary crew arrested in El Cajon — Oct. 29, 2012
- "Help," Say Police — March 28, 2009