Matthew Lickona noon, April 23
UCSD Chancellor Joins Bridgepoint Board of Directors
Bridgepoint Education, the local operator of two private colleges specializing in online classes in Colorado and Iowa, is in the news again this morning with the announcement that Dr. Marye Anne Fox, Chancellor of UC San Diego, has joined its board of directors.
In addition to her role at UCSD, Fox currently sits on the board of trustees at Dartmouth College, and previously held a similar position with the University of Notre Dame. She additionally holds positions on the board of directors with the software company Red Hat Inc. and WR Grace & Co., a maker of construction products and chemicals.
Fox, holder of a Ph.D. in chemistry, last year was one of ten recipients of the National Medal of Science presented by President Obama. The award is the highest honor given to scientists in the United States.
“By harnessing creativity, knowledge and proprietary technologies, Bridgepoint Education is re-engineering the modern student experience,” Fox said in a company press release. “I am honored to join Bridgepoint Education's board of directors and look forward to being involved with this exciting organization.”
More like this:
- Bridgepoint opens new division targeting professionals seeking certification — June 11, 2013
- Southwestern College, Ashford University Ink Transfer Deal — April 25, 2012
- Bridgepoint Offers Transfer Program to Community College Students — Jan. 6, 2012
- Bridgepoint Wins Online Education Award — Nov. 17, 2011
- Bridgepoint Announces Painting Project, Improved Profits — Nov. 1, 2011