Jeff Smith 2:30 p.m., March 13
San Diego 9th "Drunkest City" In The Country
The publication used data from a market-research firm which looked at the average number of alcoholic drinks consumed each month as well as the average number of heavy drinkers in more than 200 cities across the country.
The top ten "drunkest cities" are:
- Springfield, Mass.
- San Antonio
- St. Louis
- San Diego
According to the data, an average San Diego drinks 14.1 alcoholic beverages a month, with 7.3% of the entire population are heavy drinkers and 17.7% considered binge drinkers.
But the list is a bit lopsided. According to the list there are 2,170,760 people over the age of 21 living in San Diego-- the city estimates the entire population at 1.37 million. I wonder where the writer lives.
More like this:
- Motion to quash case against Bob Filner scheduled for September 16 — Aug. 23, 2013
- San Diego: The Downward Spiral — Jan. 2, 2012
- Audit Finds Waste in County's Animal Services Department — July 6, 2011
- Cops Dodge Bullet — June 1, 2011
- World-Class Liars — Dec. 16, 2004