Dave Rice 11:30 a.m., Dec. 9
Three More Arrested at Occupy San Diego
A police raid at Civic Center Plaza shortly after midnight this morning resulted in the arrest of three more Occupy San Diego protesters, who continue their round-the-clock demonstration, now in its third month.
In video footage attributed to activist Eugene Davidovich, a contingent of officers is seen marching into the plaza, where they rouse two protesters lying in sleeping bags. They, along with a third individual, are thrown to the ground face first, handcuffed, and led to waiting police vehicles. Despite repeatedly voiced queries as to the charges leading to the arrest, no response is audible from any of the officers present.
Unconfirmed sources name the arrested as Daniel Rosas Gomez, Chris McKay, and Alan Riner. While Gomez did not show up in a query of the county’s inmate population, McKay showed as being held on $5,000 bail for resisting, delaying, or obstructing an officer. Riner was booked for illegal encroachment, with a bail amout of $150.
More like this:
- Occupy San Diego Protester Joins Hunger Strike in Response to Alleged Police Brutality — Dec. 6, 2011
- Occupy San Diego Activist Arrested Over Voter Registration Table — Nov. 29, 2011
- More Police Raids, But Civic Center Remains Occupied — Nov. 16, 2011
- Protesters, Labor, Critical Mass Converge to Occupy San Diego — Oct. 29, 2011
- Downtown Bank of America Closes Due to Protesters — Oct. 21, 2011