Dave Good 7 a.m., April 23
Patriotic Wristband Maker to Launch Veterans' Clinics
Bands For Freedom, a nonprofit manufacturer of patriotic silicone wristbands, today announced the January launch of its National Veterans Wellness Program, which will be based in San Diego.
The program aims to provide support both to soldiers who’ve suffered physical injuries and those afflicted with unseen mental conditions such as insomnia, anxiety, and depression as a result of their service. The initial program launch will be based at four existing clinics, yet to be identified, which will add veterans’ treatment programs.
More information about the Veterans Wellness Program, including site locations and a full accounting of services to be offered, will be made available in the coming weeks.
Bands For Freedom will be funding the program with 50% of its profits on the bands, with the other half of the company’s income continuing to support Stars For Stripes, a program that provides celebrity entertainment for troops stationed around the world, similar to the USO.
More like this:
- Local nonprofit receives $100,000 grant for homeless, disadvantaged youth services — April 5, 2013
- Report: Needs of Women Veterans — July 3, 2012
- Local Firm Ranks Other Local Retirement Plans — May 14, 2012
- Sempra Adds to Its Holdings with Mississippi Utility Purchase — Jan. 4, 2012
- Thefts Thwart Launch of High-End Car Rental Service — Jan. 2, 2012